Major Telecommunications Company seeks an experienced OSS Solution Designer for their team. The SSD is accountable for the creation of designs, governance of development and maintenance of Service Assurance OSS Systems, which are pivotal for supporting the delivery of mobile and fixed network engineering services. Service Assurance OSS systems and applications are used by the Network Management Centre (NMC), Engineering teams from across networks as well as users from business units.
- Accountable to create designs, govern technical delivery of technologies in Service Assurance.
- Prepare and present solution overviews for technical forums, or to seek management endorsement of the technical solution
- Providing input into Project artefacts delivered by other resources such as Project Schedule, Issues & Risks registers, Requirements documents, Test planning & Strategy documents with a view to ensuring the quality of the Solution and Solution delivery.
- Accountable for bringing together disparate component subsystems into a whole and ensuring that those subsystems function together with scalability, stability and robust resilience. Solutions could include developing new systems in - house or using COTs (Commercial Off the Shelf) products,
- Guide and govern the work of Suppliers to develop solutions to achieve end-to-end delivery of software solutions that may cross multiple network service provisioning and service assurance systems.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership to project, ensuring solutions are aligned to OSS architecture guidelines.
- The SSD will be the key technology contact for projects and will be required to ensure business requirements have been addressed in solutions developed by Suppliers.
- The SSD will work with Project Managers, business stakeholders and senior managers from within OSS, Networks, IT, Suppliers and CFU's following agreed project management methodology to deliver new capabilities for the company
- Providing input into architecture road map and design of new technologies and products to ensure supportability as well as System, Software design and testing standards with a view to Continuously improve project delivery processes within OSS.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for the resolution of contractual disputes and approvals of Change Requests to contracts proposed by Suppliers.
Experience and skills required:
- Solution design experience within telecommunications with OSS domain knowledge
- Service assurance knowledge - understand telco networks from a high level and systems that support the company's network management centre
- It would be highly advantageous to have HP Service Management, Nokia AOR, Nokia Sure or HP TeMIP experience
- Expert in at least two sub domains of: Fault Management, Performance management, & Service Management - Mobile and IP Network infrastructure, Performance & capacity management, Network Monitoring and alarming systems, 2G/3G/4G Mobile Network, Object oriented system concepts, Software development life cycle
Please submit CV in WORD format ONLY