- Large Telecommunications business
- Best employer
- Urgent requirement
Major Telecommunications Company seeks an experienced OSS Solution Designer for their Networks OSS team. The team is responsible for specialised systems, which support various teams and divisions in the Service Assurance of the Network and the services that the company provides. The groups that use systems & solutions provided by Networks OSS includes: Network's Engineering teams, as well as Business, Wholesale and Consumer divisions.
The Senior Solution Designer (SD) must be highly skilled in developing solution design for both Greenfield and existing applications. Design can be in the areas of security, application design, UI and Integration. A high level of skill in project management, financial management, business acumen will be a nice to have. For design led delivery projects, the SD will perform the dual role of a design lead as well as project manager.
The SD is accountable for developing new applications, enhancing existing applications & providing T3 Support to operations teams, application integration and configuration of the production and non-production environment of all solutions and systems in the Assurance OSS domain.
- The SD should have very strong understanding and experience in the area of modern development frameworks (preferably in Java) (Must)
- The SD should have very strong understanding and experience in the field of Information Security and related technologies. (Must)
- The SD should have significant experience deploying many security systems related to controlling user access and should have a capability to design custom security design based on the user or regulatory requirements. (Must)
- The SD should have experience in performing the role of a Project Manager with financial accountability (Must)
- Project Management related certification - PMP, Prince 2 (Optional)
- The SD will liaise with business and business analyst to understand the requirements and translate them into a technical design covering the requirements in implement new platforms and changes to existing platforms in the areas of OSS Assurance Event Management, Performance Management, Service Management including providing input into Hardware, Operating Systems (Unix, Linux & Windows) , databases (Solid DB, Oracle, Sybase, MySQL) designs.
- The SD will provide technical leadership on projects, guiding developers, performing code reviews and ensuring the quality of solutions being implemented.
Experience and skills required:
Experience in Software Development Technologies:
- LDAP/AD/Virtual Directory
- Privileged Access Management Systems
- Secure connectivity - VPN, IPSEC, OpenVPN etc.
- Security Monitoring System design/development
- Web Services (SOAP, REST)
- Frontend MVC framework
- Oracle, MySQL, SQL, PL/SQL (note I added Oracle and PL/SQL because we might need that skill when doing stuff off IFMS) * Continuous Integration (Jenkins/Hudson) * Configuration Mgmt (GIT) * Build Tools (Eclipse, Maven) * Linux * Windows
- Apache, IIS, Tomcat, JBOSS, Weblogic
- JBOSS Drools, JBOSS infinispan(DataGrid)
- Range of application environments including but not limited to: Solaris, Linux, Windows Server, Oracle, MySQL
- Experience in:
- Solution Integration of COTS products
- Solution design and development of custom solutions
- Risk assessment of technical solution
Knowledge of (Essential/ must have):
- Expert in at least two sub domains of: Fault Management, Performance management, & Service Management.
- Mobile and IP Network infrastructure
- Performance & capacity management
- Network Monitoring and alarming systems
- 2G/3G/4G Mobile Network
- Knowledge of TCP / SNMP / XML / Web Services
- Object oriented system concepts
- Software development life cycle
- Structured analysis and design principles
It would also be desirable to have:
- Network Element Managers
- Shell, PL/SQL, Perl Scripting
- Telecom OSS domain knowledge
Please submit CV in WORD format ONLY
Reference: 190 322