Our Federal Government Client is seeking a Senior Solution Architect (Cloud Security & Infrastructure) to work on an initiative to harmonise the process and transitioning business systems to Cloud to improve efficiency for internal workforce and ultimately improve customers experience.
This is a long-term contract role for until 30 June 2021 x 24 months extension options, located at our Client's Canberra City location.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Work as part of a collaborative team of Architects.
- Develop, communicate, and implement Cloud Security architecture, patterns, enterprise-side framework, roadmaps and standards, in alignment with PSPF, ISMs, Security Strategy & Enterprise Architecture.
- Provide expert Cloud Security and Infrastructure Architecture advice to executives, management and technical stakeholders.
- Provide expertise, leadership, guidance and support to solution architects, designers and project teams in the development, communication and full lifecycle management of enterprise aligned Cloud security architectures.
- Operate as the conduit between the ICT Architecture and the existing ICT Security Advisory function.
- Should have significant experience of implementing ASD Essential 8 and IRAP assessment
- Experience in designing solutions and deployments using modern cloud approaches including Agile and DevOps
- Facilitate architecture decisions, working with multiple disciplines from business, enterprise architecture and technical staff.
- Communicate solution architecture to team members including business analysts and developers to enable solution delivery.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant standards and architectural principles, compatibility with their ICT environment, the relevant ICT target state and associated roadmap(s), Architecture Review Board (ARB) procedures and templates.
- Key communication point for Solution design changes, input to framing risk and provide technical advice for the relevant domain (in consultation with Domain specialists).
- Verification and validation of solution implementation in accordance with solution designs.
- Contribute to adopting DevOps, infrastructure as code, CI/CD pipelines, automation and cloud-native tools.
- Ensure technical team conformance to relevant quality standards and the IPA system development and project methodologies.
- Oversees security and infrastructure architecture covering identity and access management
- Oversees security within and across architecture disciplines
- Defines and ensures adherence to security policies and standards
- Ensures functional, technical and user access security requirements are captured as part of Architecture Systems and Collaboration Platforms
- Performs detailed architecture designs for agreed changes, using prototyping tools where appropriate, taking into account fit with existing or planned architecture
- Balances performance and scalability requirements with other quality-of-service (QoS) attributes such as interoperability, security and maintainability of the solution
- Delivers the detailed Architecture, artefacts and outputs for a programme, project or solution and ensure its implementation through to production deployment
- Maintains an understanding of their/worker responsibilities under the Work Health & Safety Act 2011 (WHS Act) and a commitment to promoting a healthy and safe workplace.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- At least 8 years demonstrated experience working as a solutions architect in information security, infrastructure or equivalent role, preferably in the Federal Government, producing quality outcomes in complex business and technical environments with demonstrated quality outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in developing solution using cloud services (including infrastructure) across AWS/Azure stack including but not limited to EC2/VM, VPCs/VNet, RDS/Azure SQL, SNS, Kubernetes, API Gateway/Management and Lambda/Function.
- Demonstrate ability to facilitate architecture decisions efficiently, working with business, enterprise architecture and technical staff.
- Demonstrated experience in producing solutions covering, information security, integration, infrastructure, and security architecture.
- Deep knowledge and experience of Security architecture, patterns, and designs.
- Intimate Knowledge of (10%) * Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF) * Australian Government Information Security Manual (ISM) * Essential Eight Maturity Model * ISO 9001
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of ICT Enterprise Architectures
It is desirable if you have:
- Understanding core technologies including AWS technologies, Java Enterprise Edition, PostgreSQL, SAP and Office 365, SharePoint Online, and the supporting infrastructure including RHEL, OpenShift, NAS and network services.
- CISSP, CompTIA or SANS GIAC is highly regarded
- ToGAF or similar (e.g. SABSA) is highly regarded
- The Australian Signals Directorate's (ASD) Information Security Registered Assessors Program (IRAP) endorsed qualified assessor
- Knowledge of NIST Cloud Security Patterns
- Understanding of Machine Learning/AI concepts
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Computer Sciences / Information Technology and Management disciplines, or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience in modelling solution using UML and ArchiMate in tools such as Sparx Enterprise Architect
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: # 207642
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.