Our client is a small ambitious tech company, working only with the world's leading tech and telco companies to jointly deliver solutions that deliver consumer excellence. Giving old used mobile devices and technology second, third and even longer lives, repurposing them to give them new life and along the way reducing electronic waste and ensuring devices that have had enough of this world avoid burials and cremations. Through this work, they have generated rich and valuable data on device resale values, empowering their analytics team to inform their partners of current trends, comparative positioning and future predicted events.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will share your passion for hands on Software Engineering with the other members of the cross functional Agile team and promote our shared values of Courage, Integrity and Collaboration.
You will be a champion of DevSecOps culture, sharing your skills and experience of good software engineering practices, architecture patterns and open-source CI/CD tools with the team.
From problem solving to new concept ideas, you'll apply your creative potential on a variety of software engineering challenges which will stretch you while ensuring you are constantly learning.
As part of a young, dynamic organisation breaking down the barriers to owning desirable electronic devices and disrupting traditional paradigms in our market you will put technology at the heart of the journey.
- Write high quality, elegant, effective code
- keeping up to date with industry trends and technology developments
- Identify and share relevant architectural patterns
- Lead by example in the use of test automation
- Ensure the team keep the CI/CD pipeline green
- Perform code reviews for security, accuracy and functionality
- Create a culture of metrics and data to drive continuous improvement
- Provide operational support for your products
- Ensure the team meets its commitments and goal for each sprint, delivering high quality code into production
- Coach the team in the practice of continual code quality improvement
- Work closely with Infosec to ensure Security 'shifts left'
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Highly experienced in developing in GoLang and PHP
- Highly experienced in the use of Agile practices
- Experience of working in an organisation with a DevOps culture
- Experience of working in a cloud native environment
- Highly experienced in the writing and interfacing with REST API's and Webhooks
- Practical knowledge of CI/CD pipeline tools like Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform
- Knowledge of AWS design patterns
- Experience of the ELK stack
- Practical use of Jira and confluence
- Experience of writing automated tests (unit & integration)
- Hands on MySQL and NoSQL experience
- Incorporating telemetry at the code level with libraries like Prometheus
- Experience of using SonarQube, Gemnasium and Gauntlt
- Experience of AppDynamics or similar
- Experience of dashboard visualisation
- Experience of Test-Driven Development
- Demonstrable contribution to open source projects
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW. For any further questions or information, please contact Ben Neal on 8080 7217 and quote job #243069