Work for a brand that is instantly recognisable within the Utility sector. They offer a fantastic working environment where you will experience good work/life balance whilst working alongside some of the top technical talent in Sydney.
The Senior Solutions & Development Lead role is part of the IT leadership team and reports to the Applications Manager. The purpose of this role is to ensure that the application development activities are delivered efficiently across organisation's information technology. This involves ensuring that IT applications, systems, services, and infrastructure work reliably and securely.
The role manages a group of development personnel and interacts closely with other areas within IT e.g. Infrastructure, Security, and Operations. Sound leadership, people management and having a collaborative mindset are core to success in this role.
Skills and Attributes required:
- 8 years' experience as a Software Engineer with years of management skills, ideally coordinating deliverables of internal and external development teams
- Experience with Oracle Fusion Middleware and Software integration
- Demonstrable experience working across application architecture, integration and working to formal application development methodologies
- Experience taking a lead technical role on a program and engaging with senior stakeholders across varying business units
- Strong experience in industry software development practices and methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, DevOps, Kanban, Scrum, CI/CD etc)
- Proven experience in delivering quality software solutions using integration technologies
- Broad knowledge of current development tools and technologies (Middleware and integration software, SQL, Jira, Confluence, Azure/AWS DevOps etc)
- Demonstrable experience in Waterfall, Agile and Iterative methodologies
- Experience in planning, developing, and maintaining documentation
- Familiarity with Cloud solutions such as PaaS and SaaS platforms and emerging technologies
- Good understanding of integrations and API standards
- Demonstrable ability to contribute to, and work effectively in teams
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and outcome focused
- Energy industry experience
- Smart Metering experience
This is a critical role for our client, if you feel you can hit the ground running, please click 'apply now' and quote #237946.