- Lead Role
- Must have experience with Java and Python
- Lower North Shore Location ( Flexibility to work remotely once established)
A senior Software engineer to Specify, implement, and test software for medical devices utilising the Company software development process as well as Contributing to the design and development of device software, device control software and testing systems.
- Providing technical direction and guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Mentor other team members in the software team.
- Define requirements, code review and project management.
- Create requirements specifications, test plans, test reports and risk assessments
- Perform software and firmware development in Java and Python
- Conduct unit, integration, and system testing.
- Create software requirement specifications, test plans and protocols.
- Review software protocols.
- Maintain and enhance existing desktop and embedded software in addition to writing new software.
- Create clear and concise documentation as part of the development process.
- Work to tight deadlines.
- Work in accordance with IEC 62304 and ISO 13485.
Key Skills and Experiences
- Minimum 5 years of working experience with the Python and Java programming languages.
- Working experience with desktop software development frameworks such as JavaFX, Qt, wxWidgets.
- Experience with automated build and testing tools.
- Experience with JavaFX application development, REST architectural principles and the SpringBoot framework are desirable
- Good knowledge of API design principles
- Version control tools (especially GIT/BitBucket),
- Continuous integration tools (e.g., Bamboo) and task tracking tools (e.g., JIRA)
- Working in a cross-functional team environment
- Python pytest experience is an advantage.
If interested please select APPLY or contact Richard.email@example.com Quoting reference 236871