This is a rare opportunity to work for one of the largest Data Migration projects within an Australian Government organisation. As the Senior .NET Software Developer, you will work closely and support developers in recompiling applications that need to be redeployed into a modern hosting platform & environment. Deliver outcomes for teams who require assistance in taking old software packages and getting them redeployed into a new AD, updated OS, updated SQL, and newer versions of .NET.
We are not interested in where you are physically located, so long as you have the drive and talent to be part of one of Australia's largest data migration projects. There is a BUT…. You will need to have Baseline Clearance, amazing .Net skills and ideally have worked on a migration project.
What will you be doing:
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Ensure software is updated with latest features
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer, 10+ years in IT with at least 5+ years as a developer.
- Experience designing as a developer
- Ability to develop software in .NET, ASP.net, Java, C#, C++ or other programming languages
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases (SQL)
- Experience with test-driven development and unit testing
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Experience with tools as outlined in DTC skill matrix
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
Only candidates with a minimum Baseline Security Clearance will be considered.
If interested in the position, please select APPLY or contact Nic.firstname.lastname@example.org Quoting reference 212254.