Our client has been built by industry leading pioneers in Australia. After the successful sale of the sector leading company they founded, with an abundance of capital and freed from the constraints of a large business, together they set their attention on delivering the much-needed application of new technology (web, cloud, mobile) to their industry. Together they designed, coded and released their built-for-user SaaS platform MVP, which after five years is now used by 50% of their industry, accounting for more than AUD$20b in transactions per year. Their team has grown to 70, with a Scrum based software engineering group of 30.
Their market leading and unrivalled B2B platform, puts them in a unique position to become the industries foundation platform for all data, services and technology. This step involves extending their solutions into three mobile-led B2C products which will seamlessly connect parties in a four million user ecosystem for the first time ever.
Due to further growth, they are looking to hire an experienced and passionate Senior SRE to join their engineering team. You will be reporting to a CTO who has a personal passion for software development and harnessing the capability of emerging technology, and who has a reputation for his talent in guiding and supporting talented engineers and technical leaders to take their next career steps. He has an amazing track record of his team members being promoted into roles both internally and externally into high profile roles within the technology sector.
- Continuously work on improving the lifecycle and management of cloud services
- Support services and pipelines before during and post launch and continually strive to automate and improve the monitoring, latency, availability and overall system health
- Automate and scale systems whilst improving reliability
- Manage incident responses and user communications
At the heart of the role, you will be responsible for improving the platforms scalability, reliability, monitoring and alerting, ensuring systems are able to perform and scale in line with increasing demand. The role involves both hands-day-to-day work, as well as exploring new technology and solutions to increase performance.
- Significant SRE experience with a deep technical knowledge of the foundations of computer science and engineering
- Extensive experience hands-on experience in AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes & Docker
- Extensive experience in security performance, monitoring & alerting
- Experience working in .Net/Microsoft Environments and strong C# coding skills
- Open to a lead role for the right candidate
- Extensive knowledge of infrastructure as code techniques including tools like Terraform
- Excellent scripting skills (bash/python/powershell etc)
Peoplebank has worked in close partnership with the founders of this business to build their leadership and technology teams and will be able to provide suitable candidates with a detailed account of the business and technology landscape and the role this position will play in their success.
This role is being recruited in partnership by Software Recruitment Practice Lead Dan Gordon & Lead Technical Recruiter Sarah Kissane. Dan & Sarah share more than 30 years software recruitment experience and have worked together for more than 15 years. Dan is a certified CSM and CPO, and Sarah built and led her own successful software recruitment company. To find out more about this opportunity, please 'Apply Now' or call Dan on 0401 912 645 or Sarah on 0410 863 499. Job#245443