Our Enterprise level Federal Government Client is seeking an experienced and talented Senior SQL Server Database Administrator for an initial 10-month contract with another 9 months extension option. The successful candidate will be responsible for the administration of the department's on premises and public cloud SQL databases.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop, implement and review database related infrastructure, processes and procedures.
- Provide technical support and advice to application developers in relation to the database environment.
- Perform problem analysis and rectification in response to system outages and issues.
- Lead motivate and mentor junior staff.
To be successful you will have:
- Demonstrated extensive experience and a high technical skill level as a Database Administrator of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise and negotiate with business and technical staff.
- Demonstrated experience in analysing and solving SQL Server service incidents and outages.
- Demonstrated experience in analysing performance issues to determine cause and proposing and implementing solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Public cloud PaaS SQL offerings is desirable but not essential.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens with an NV1 clearance to apply.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Sinthu Thomas on 02 6245 1738 quoting Job Reference: 197692
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.