- SQL database development (SQL Server 2016)
- Investment banking experience
- Powershell scripting
A large Financial Services Client is in need of an SQL Developer to develop & support core investment applications. 6 Months in the City
Primary focus for this role
This role is responsible for development and support of the core investment applications in SQL Server, PowerShell, C#, VBA and integration with third party vendors.
The Successful Candidate is expected to do:
- Database development in SQL Server (essential)
- Scripting in PowerShell
- Support of existing Excel VBA applications
- Experience developing WinForm and back-end applications in C#
- Integration to third party financial vendors (Bloomberg, Brokers, Fund Managers, Custodians, Market Data providers, Risk systems)
- Leverage SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) standards and procedures for delivery consistency using automation tools to support speed and quality of outcomes.
- Leverage cloud based technologies for cost effective solutions.
- Work collaboratively across the Technology division for the design, delivery and support of supported solutions.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 years' experience in a similar role within financial services
- Background in software development is essential including exposure to modern software development practices
- Strong database development experience in SQL Server 2016 is essential
- Excel VBA experience to support existing applications is desirable
- Scripting experience in PowerShell is desirable
- Winform and back-end development in C# is desirable
- Integration with third party financial vendors including Bloomberg, Brokers, Fund Managers, Custodians, Market Data providers, Risk systems is desirable
- Strong communication both verbal and written with the ability to interpret customer business needs and translate into application and operational requirements
- Strong documentation writing skills
*I would give priority to candidates who has investment background/industry.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact ANNA quoting reference: 200435
Please click the apply button.