- Initial 6 months contract
- Location: Western Sydney
- Competitive Rate
We are looking to hire a Senior Information Security Consultant for one of our premier clients. This role plays an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team to ensure that goals and objectives of new business development requests are accomplished within prescribed time frames. The incumbent must consistently aim to deliver quality services and/or solutions that meet business requirements and ensure that goals are accomplished in line with business objectives.
Responsibilities will include:
- Consulting with business and IT project personnel to ensure information security is factored into the evaluation, selection, installation and configuration of all IT systems, IT and Business projects.
- Identification and adequate treatment of IT risks in line with the organisational risk management methodology.
- Coordinating the use of external information security resources and vendors by working with Procurement and Legal teams to establish mutually acceptable contracts and agreements.
- Development of management reporting against agreed metrics for all objective areas within the Information Security Assurance domain.
- Collaboration with the enterprise architecture team to define the target state of information security architecture and ensure information security risk assessments are built into all system architectures.
- Participation in establishing strategies for maintaining information security of infrastructure, applications, data centres and cloud-based services.
- Performing solution evaluations; recommendation of products/services to continually enhance the information security controls.
- Performing risk assessments and recommendation of risk mitigation associated with using a cloud computing vendor's environment to store, manage and process organization's data.
- Supporting the Head of Information Security in establishing the organisation's overall information security strategy and the development of the associated roadmaps.
- Maintenance of up to date knowledge on potential threats, trends and relevant events that may threaten the organisation's risk position.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Information Technology, with at least 3 to 5 years specialising in Information Security.
- A strong technical knowledge and security principles including regulatory, legislative and industry practices gained through practical experience and professional qualifications
- Sound knowledge of security frameworks such as ISO2700x, NIST etc.
- Degree qualified in Information Technology or Computer Science
- One or more Information Security certifications (CISSP, CISM, CISA, SABSA)
We are in a position where our client can make an informed decision at speed to capture the best available candidates.
If you are looking for your next contract opportunity, then act fast as this opportunity will not be available for long.
For more info contact Aparna on email@example.com