Our client is a large Federal Government agency with offices situated in Geelong. They are currently seeking a Senior Project Officer to join their State Relations Branch.
In this role, you would be accountable for providing quality and timely reporting to the Executives on matters related to the engagement with State and Territory officials and other external governance bodies. This role is key in supporting the State Relations Branch in managing key relationships with jurisdictions. The work will be varied, fast paced and highly valued.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and support relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the client's objectives and anticipate and respond to stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Take a solutions-based approach to problem solving and resolve issues within area of responsibility. When matters need to be escalated, make recommendations that are practical and informed.
- Take the initiative to progress work to meet business objectives, provide advice and guidance on more complex issues.
- Develop and/or coordinate briefing material to support Executive attendance at intergovernmental and trilateral forums
- Contribute to the team culture of being collaborative, dynamic and high performing by leading by example and recognising and acting on opportunities to support staff skill development.
As this is a position within a Federal Government agency, the successful candidate must be an Australian Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
If you feel this role fits your skill set and experience, please apply now!
For more information, please contact Lizbeth Delos Reyes and quote job reference # 197340