Our Federal Government Client is seeking a Senior Project Officer to provide strategic and operational support to successfully deliver a large National project. This is an initial engagement through until June 2019, with 2x6 month extension options and is working in Canberra's south.
Within this role you will be required to:
- Develop and maintain a project schedule
- Manage dependencies, balance competing demands and where required identify alternative options for delivery
- Update and maintain project tools (e.g. RAID register) and records (e.g. Decision, Action, Change)
- Supporting the implementation of the project management framework and disciplines necessary to support a PMO
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver support to complex projects through a formal PMO
- Knowledge and experience in best practice project management processes and systems
- Strong interpersonal, liaison and negotiation skills and the ability to forge reciprocal relationships with a range of stakeholders at all levels
- Formal program management and/or project management certification are desirable
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Sophia Ahmad on 02 6245 1730 quoting Job Reference: 191946
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.