Senior Product Designer
Position Reports to: Design Director
- Research and Design are at the centre of everything we do in the Digital Experience team. Working closely with engineering,
- product and program teams we bring the voice of the customer when we envision how our users experience our digital
- products and services.
- The Senior Product Designer role supports the Lead Designer and Design Director by supporting a team of product designers
- with taking on complex tasks and transforming them into elegant, accessible, hard-working interfaces that millions of people
- use each day-from the first-time user to the digital native. Achieving this goal requires leadership skills and collaboration
- with teams of other design tribes, researchers, product managers and developers throughout the design process-from
- creating design visions, user flows and wireframes to building user interface mock-ups and prototypes. At each stage, your
- team will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product aligns to our principles of
- being effortless, smart and exceptional.
The Senior Product Designer will:
- Drive the experience design within agile projects and programs across the enterprise.
- Contribute to, drive and support the product design tribe.
- Development and participation in the recruitment process.
- Concept, design, test and optimise highly accessible experiences.
- Utilise best practices, assist and guide the product design team and ensure exceptional design quality.
- Drive and uphold the customer experience as a key deliverable for all projects.
- Collaborate with the Digital Channels & Innovation team and project/program teams to deliver great digital
- Play a key role with the product design Community of Practice, evolving and ensuring adherence to global design
- Provide design and digital leadership to the digital team and the wider business.
Senior Product Designers work closely with Delivery Producers for the relevant portfolio and will report directly to the Lead
- Provide design leadership and influence to ensure the customer is represented when balancing experience (desirable),
business (viable), and engineering (feasible) needs.
- Lead the creation of user experience deliverables such as user journeys, visual design, design patterns, and prototypes.
- Provide design leadership for user-centred design activity on projects, creatively solving problems at all levels of detail:
from the big picture to the small detail.
- Work with research teams carrying out customer interviews, usability testing, qualitative and quantitative research to
uncover insights and to validate concepts.
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, research findings, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and
Essential Experience Critical Knowledge
- 4-6 years of design related experience with a focus
interaction design and/or user experience design
with demonstrable portfolio of work.
- An impressive background with experience creating
interfaces, large-scale websites, or applications.
- Strong conceptual thinking with an ability to
understand customer needs, motivations and
behaviours and translate them into actionable
- Strong attention to detail and highly developed
organisational skills including the ability to prioritise
tasks and meet ambitious deadlines while
maintaining high quality craft execution.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with user
interface design processes and methodologies.
- Experience mentoring and leading a small design
tribe within a large corporate or agency.
- Experience working with clients (or internal clients)
and cross-functional development teams.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and conceptual
- Ability to visualise abstract ideas and concepts.
- Experience with large organisation digital products,
including digital strategies and roadmaps.
- The ability to manage ambiguity, work
autonomously, and multi-task in an agile
- Strong understanding of customer centric
practices across digital and omnichannel
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools.
- Solid awareness and love of new platforms,
technologies, and trends of the digital channel.
- Highly developed communications skills both
written and oral.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving
- Excellent interpersonal, communication,
negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Empathy for the customer with the enthusiasm to
create progressive experiences.
- Knowledge of front-end and/or native mobile
- Good knowledge of accessibility.
- A passion for all things digital.
Note: If this position relates to the ID&T Functional Area please refer to their unique competency library.
- A self-starter who will bring original ideas and fresh
approaches to each project they work on.
- Must be ego-free with an ability to take on and give
clear and constructive feedback.
Working Relationships Decision Making Authority
- Digital Channels & Innovation Team
- Design Director
- Digital Experience Manager
- Delivery Producers
- UX Research Team
- Program/ Business Team
- Digital Delivery Team - Engineering
- Innovation, implementation and improvements of
- Process improvements to design and experience.
- Scoping decisions on digital projects.
If this sounds like you APPLY NOW
If this sounds like you APPLY NOW