About the role
Our client is a leading wealth management organization. They are looking for a Senior Procurement Consultant who will be responsible to create and nurture working relationships across the various business units in the organization.
This is a 12-month contract role.
This role reports to the Director, Procurement and Commercial Services.
You would be involved in:
- Build relationships across the organisation to ensure business unit sourcing requirements are understood.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders and functions across the Agency such as Executive Support Team, Legal & Risk, Finance etc. as well as individual business units.
- Ensure that key vendor and service provider relationships required for the provision of procurement and commercial services are well managed.
- Ensure procurement activities are managed in accordance with Commonwealth Procurement Rules and FFMA policies and procedures.
- Perform contract administration, review, extensions/renewals, and resolution of contract-related issues.
- Maintain and update the contracts register, ensuring key information and renewal/expiry/action dates are accurately captured and provide enough lead time to manage contracts in a timely manner and to optimise outcomes for the Agency.
- Procurement of goods and services through Whole of Australian Government (WoAG) panels and other relevant procurement methods.
- Oversee Procurement processes and associated relationships with WoAG panels and ensures that all panel engagements are up to date and renewed as required.
To be successful for the role, you would ideally have:
- Be a qualified professional with at least 10 years' relevant experience.
- Trained in procurement approaches or methodology.
- Have a solid understanding of financial services organisations.
- Demonstrated experience of procurement, contract management and vendor management - for complex and high value matters.
- Demonstrated ability to create and develop working relationships with internal customers/ end users, for the benefit of greater commercial outcomes.
- Experience in government, finance or investment business environment.
- Experience in playing a key role in influencing and ensuring procurement outcomes meet the organisation's needs.
- Demonstrated understanding of project governance and performance management, preferably in a customer and/or supplier environment
What is in it for you:
- Flexible working environment
- Challenging projects in pipeline
- Inclusive, supportive & collaborative small team
- Stakeholder management, negotiation & strong communication skills
- Commercial acumen paired with value for money
- Procurement Management
- Collaborative Leadership style
- Consultative approach and outcome focused
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW.
For any further questions or information, please contact Rhea Paul on 0380807218 and quote job #244276