- Senior Oracle Developer
- 6 Months Contract
- Melbourne CBD Location
Our Client is actively seeking a Senior Oracle PL/SQL Database Developer with 10+ years of experience in software development.
The priorities of this senior developer role are to review existing processes and functionality while simultaneously designing and developing new capabilities.
You should have excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills. You will be required to participate in planning sessions that outline IT solutions to both the technical members of the team as well as the wider business units.
You will have the following skills and experience to be successful in this role:
- Overall 10+ years of software development experience.
- Strong Oracle Development experience (not just DBA experience)
- Excellent understanding of the principles of database design, concurrency and issues effecting performance and scalability in a high-volume Oracle OLTP environment
- Expert PL/SQL coding abilities and writing complex SQL to develop robust, reliable and high-performance solution.
- Strong Experience implementing high speed transaction processing
- Experience with data warehouse and partitioning.
- Expert in Query optimization, debugging, and tuning for improving performance.
- Strong ability to identify, analyse and solve problems.
- Make best design and implementation decisions to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Experience with UNIX shell scripting.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Oracle Spatial databases - including the use of core spatial functions including geometry functions (intersection, nearest neighbour, buffering)
- Experience working with git using gitflow branching model
- Experience working with an ORM e.g. Hibernate
- Experience with continuous delivery / continuous integration and DevOps (Jenkins)
Kindly apply online now to be considered for this role or contact Niti Gaur on 03 8080 7209 for a confidential chat.