- 6 month contract
- Brisbane CBD based with flexible work arrangements
- Oracle 9i -19c, Fusion Middleware (FMW) and Azure SQL databases
Our client is seeking an experienced Senior Oracle DBA to join a project team. This role will see you administer and enhance the existing database solutions while assisting in the deployment of our next generation solutions.
- Perform DBA administration of day to day activities to support Oracle solution, Fusion Middleware (FMW) and Azure SQL databases
- Install/ Upgrade and configure Oracle database 9i to 19c
- Perform minor and major upgrades of FMW technical components and technology
- Support daily operations of production and non-production environments
- Setup and manage High availability solution for technology layers
- Applying regular security patches (PSUs/CPUs)
- Review and troubleshooting SQL queries and recommendations for performance enhancement.
- Expert in SQL performance analysis and tuning
- Review user/systems support issues and perform or lead root cause analysis and provide working solutions.
- Develop and test disaster recovery plans for application servers and middleware.
- Write shell scripts to automate repetitive tasks as required.
- Interface with and advise development teams that are creating and consuming Oracle Fusion base web services.
- Configure and test integration of web services with message oriented middleware, security solutions, and monitoring tools.
Skills and experience
- Demonstrated ORACLE database administration experience
- Experience in UNIX operation (Solaris and Linux)
- Exposure to ITIL / ITSM / Managed Services / DevOps / SOA operational models
- Oracle database 9i,11g and 19c.
- Demonstrate practical understanding of ORACLE database physical structure, overall architecture, and database performance analysis
- Experience deploying and configuring ORACLE Data Guard, ORACLE Enterprise Manager, ORACLE ACFS, ORACLE Golden Gate, and ORACLE Recovery Manager(RMAN)
- Experience with Enterprise Manager and other monitoring tools like Grid Control.
- SQL & PL/SQL performance tuning
- Skill requirements include solid knowledge and experience of Oracle Application Server and Fusion Middleware technology stack.
- Oracle SOA Suite (desirable)
- Experience working with Oracle Cloud Computing (private or public) (desirable)
- Web services, XML, PHP (desirable)
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Carrie Watts on 07 3003 7644 quoting reference 240145.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.