- Great environment, strong team culture
- First banking implementation of SDN (Software Defined Networking)
- Perm opportunity - $140-160k package
- Must be willing to travel in Asia for the first 6 months
Our client, a century old financial services organisation requires a Senior Network and Communication Specialist to provide both BAU and Project related services to their critical systems such as the core network, call centre and branch network.
They are currently in the process of reinvesting heavily into their Network Infrastructure across Australia, NZ and Asia and will be redeploying new network technologies including being the first implementation of Software-Defined Networking (SDN) technology into a bank in Australia.
As important as the technical skills are we are also seeking an individual who is happy to do both BAU and project-based work. This will include taking on the regulatory reporting tasks required by the bank.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support and manage the data network infrastructure, comprising of LAN/MAN/WAN across APAC branches and Data Centre administration.
- Plan and allocate tasks with Junior team members
- Manage Core Converged network infrastructure and across APAC Branches and Data Centres
- Participate in projects as required to meet business objectives
- Develop processes and structures for service providers to meet Service Level Agreements.
- Develop and maintain a Network Disaster Recovery plan in line with overall Corporate Disaster Recovery plan.
- Capacity planning at the Data Centres for space, power, cooling, fibre and Ethernet connectivity.
- Provide strategy and overall design of the primary and secondary data centres
- Design, develop and maintain a stable network infrastructure (Core & Edge) consistent with the goal of 99.9% availability.
- Ensure network is secured from unauthorized access, virus infection or any security vulnerabilities
Technically you should have
- WAN and LAN network design, implementation and maintenance for the VoIP infrastructure
- Riverbed, ASA/Palo Alto Firewall design and support for converged services.
- In depth knowledge of Nexus and Cisco Catalyst products plus vendors including F5, Juniper, Checkpoint.
- Cisco Wireless experience with Aruba being highly desirable
- Innovative and keep up to date with Emerging Technologies
- Experience with the use of remote network management and monitoring tools highly regarded.
- Experience in managing converged network services highly regarded
- Exposure to SDWAN Technology and Python is highly regarded.
This is an urgent requirement and our client will interview immediately.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact ANNA quoting reference: 186809.
Please click the apply button.