Our Federal Government Client is seeking two Mobile Developers.
This is a long-term contract up to 30 June 2022 with 2x12-month extension option, located at our Client's Canberra location.
As the selected candidate, you will provide the following deliverables:
- Developing high quality mobile apps using a variety of programming languages:
- Swift for native iOS apps;
- Kotlin for native Android apps;
- Integrating mobile apps with cloud APIs and on-premises systems;
- Providing technical leadership and understanding of design patterns;
- Managing code standards, preferred toolsets and development methodologies for the Mobile Apps development team;
- Conducting code and solution reviews of development artefacts generated from within the Mobile Apps team, other sections within the Department and from external solution providers;
- Documenting and assessing architecture patterns e.g. MVVM;
- Deploying apps to the Apple App Store and Google Play Store using CI/CD tools;
- Preparing project reports, system designs, security and application documentation for projects run by the Mobile Apps team;
- Liaising directly with business stakeholders and project owners, both within the Department and with external agencies, to ensure the solutions are consistent with business and project requirements;
- Managing and overseeing the performance of external providers engaged by the Department to provide services associated with the delivery of mobile app projects;
- Ensuring that the mobile app development work performed by the Department meets relevant industry standards, guidelines and best practice methodologies at all times;
- Maintaining existing production grade mobile apps, developing enhancements and bug fixes;
- Reporting regularly on project status within the Mobile Apps team, to project stakeholders and product owners;
- Translating business requirements into function and technical specifications;
- Providing technical advice and user documentation to relevant stakeholders;
- Diagnosing issues and weaknesses in existing solutions;
- Coaching and providing guidance to other junior developers.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- 5 years of experience developing native iOS or Android mobile apps and a portfolio of delivering high quality mobile apps.
- Demonstrated experience in:
- Swift, Kotlin or Java;
- REST API web services and JSON;
- Source code management using Git;
- Xcode or Android Studio IDEs;
- CI/CD tools for mobile apps.
- Proven experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle and an agile way of working.
It is desirable if you have:
- Relevant IT or programming qualifications.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills and proven reliability as a proactive team player.
- Demonstrated experience in producing apps that:
- meets industry best practice for usability;
- complies with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian who have the ability to obtain Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: #239673
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.