Our client is seeking a Senior Linux Engineer with RHEL7 and strong scripting skills in Ansible and Shell scripting. This is a project based role and will help ready the current infrastructure for a major software implementation Go Live.
This is an enterprise environment with a Server Team that supports the entire server infrastructure of this bank which includes Linux (Redhat) MS Server 2008R2 to 2012R2, HyperV, SCCM etc
You will perform the function of Senior Linux Engineer supporting this environment. You must have an excellent eye for detail, have outstanding problem solving and troubleshooting skills and be willing to mentor junior engineers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide primary support to the Linux environment both hardware & software
- Participate in this major implementation project
- Install, configure and commission new Redhat Linux based infrastructure as required.
- Act as an escalation point and provide issue resolution to the IT Group as a whole.
- Log calls to external vendors for hardware and software issues.
- Provide regular review, analysis and reporting of server availability
- Create and maintain technical documentation for new installations and systems changes as required.
To be successful in this role you must have significant experience in:
- Linux RHEL functionality
- Ansible, Powershell and GIT
- Open Source ideal but not essential
- Excellent technical documentation skills
We are ready to hire now so to be considered apply NOW quoting ref 186252