About the Company
A large and well known Australian business, providing an integrated customer experience to its services.
About the Role
As Senior Java Engineer, Kafka you will be working in a team where you will be the Apache Kafka resident Subject Matter Expert. You will provide Kafka related services to various project and product teams and you will take the lead in establishing best practices associated with stream processing, data architecture, data security, data governance and domain driven design
- Provide developers with working prototypes for data, processing and complex stream processing techniques
- Provide 3rd level support in troubleshooting streams, topic and replica issues
- Implement best practises guides for beginner, intermediate and advanced Kafka Developers covering topics relating to stream processing, advanced KSQL querying techniques and Kafka Tips & Tricks.
- Collaborate with software development project teams and infrastructure service teams supporting them as they setup and build their products and services that utilize Kafka.
- Create design documentation, operational guides and developer guides related to automation implementations.
- Highlight risks and resolve issues affecting release scope, schedule and quality.
- Work in an agile team environment.
- Experienced as Senior Java Engineer, Kafka
- Experience in diagnosing, reproducing, and resolving customer issues relating to Kafka
- Experience troubleshooting applications running on Linux (resource contention, network bottlenecks, etc.)
- Operational knowledge of Java applications (jstack,jmap, etc.)
- Experience with at least one mainstream distributed system (e.g. Kafka, Hadoop, Cassandra, etc.)
- Experience in Java Development best practices including testing frameworks
- Strong knowledge of Kafka (mandatory)
- Strong knowledge of a programming language, prefferably Java (mandatory)
- Knowledge of security concepts applied to Kafka (mandatory).
- Awareness of industry trends for implementing Kafka (mandatory).
- Understanding of the underlying infrastructure and networks (mandatory).
- Working knowledge of the operations of a government organisation (desirable)
- Working knowledge of Agile, Kanban, and Scrum project delivery methodologies (desirable)
Please APPLY NOW to Vanessa Knispel with your full resume in Word format for consideration as this role closes to submission ASAP
To be eligible for this opportunity, you must be an Australian Permanent Resident or Citizen as my client does not sponsor visas.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Vanessa Knispel quoting reference: 200975
Please click the apply button.