Our client is currently looking for a Senior Java Develop / Team Lead to work in a 12 month contract. In this role you will be working with Java / J2EE technologies related to application development and maintenance.
You will be required to lead the diagnosis and resolution of service issues, and ensure that development is effective, and applications are maintained and supported appropriately. You will provide expert technical and domain expertise to application development teams, covering all aspects of the system within a specific sub-domain or domain context. The team works in an Agile environment, so you will need to have previously worked within a similar environment. Along with leadership responsibilities you will need to be directly involved in the design and development of applications in Java/ J2EE, write technical specifications and release notes.
- 7+ years of Core Java development.
- Good working experience in JSP, HTML, JSF, Servlets, Tomcat, Ant.
- Exposure to messaging applications like WebSphere MQ.
- Experience in system design, development, and implementation.
- Experience reviewing the work of others, mentoring and coaching junior developers.
- Experience with the full software development life cycle including both traditional waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Experience improving older code bases as well as in using modern design patterns.
- Fair working knowledge of PL/SQL.
- Experience with systems development, support and maintenance, with specialist application knowledge and experience with systems integration
- Advanced analysis, problem solving, troubleshooting and consultative skills.
- Applied understanding of technical concepts of enterprise architecture and contemporary IT strategies
- Wealth Management or financial market experience
Please "Apply now" to register your interest for this role, or contact Gayle Truslove on email@example.com with a WORD doc of your CV, quoting ref number 186350