- Design and develop enterprise apps, promoting a DevOps way of working
- International insurer with strong brand names in the Australian market
- 6 months initial contract, competitive daily rate, strong stream of work
Diversified insurance group operating throughout APAC with over 10,000 employees and $1billion in revenue whist maintaining a customer-centric approach. Who are committed to creating a flexible working environment that supports their employees to reach their potential. With newly refurbished offices based in Sydney CBD with close proximity to public transport.
Work in a collaborative team of DevOps Engineers and Java Developers on a major cloud and data application migration project. Deliver innovative solutions, contributing to analysis, design, development and support of applications using Agile methodologies. Introduce and refine processes, promoting a DevOps way of working to deliver rapid reliable solutions.
- Design and develop key Java based applications
- Migrate and deploy enterprise applications to AWS
- Use containerisation such as Docker, Rancher and Kubernetes to improve infrastructure efficiency
- Promote DevOps and automate operational processes using tools like Puppet and Ansible
- Drive continuous improvement using tools such as Bamboo and Jenkins
Skills and Experience:
- Java (Spring/Spring Boot) development in an enterprise environment
- Exposure to Agile practices
- Oracle, DB2, Postgres database exposure
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Junit, JMeter and Mockito
- CI/CD tool experience such as Bamboo/Jenkins
- Experience with tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Docker and Rancher
- Above market daily rate
- Long term contracting opportunity
- Supportive employer for career development
- Flexible working environment
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Jayd Venters quoting reference 186927.