Our large Federal Government Client is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Java Developer to join their dynamic team to assist in the delivery of multiple national projects. This is an initial engagement 12 month contract starting in February with a 2x 12 month extension options.
The Back-End Developer realises design or prototypes and testing support and is responsible for the development of software and technical design. The role is responsible for building software with a focus on how it will be used.
Within this role you will be responsible for:
- Analysis, design, development, prototyping, testing and maintenance activities with a focus on security and accessibility;
- Build web products to service a variety of citizens' needs;
- Implement APIs or services for internal and external use;
- Provide go-live support and maintenance for applications;
- Propose, facilitate and document innovative solutions to meet enterprise and user needs;
- Maintain up to date knowledge of software development methodologies, security frameworks, and transfer knowledge to other team members.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Extensive experience in Enterprise Java development and web service technology and standards including JSP, Serviets, EJB, Spring, Hibernate, SQL, Web Services using SOAP/XML and REST.
- Experience in development in complex environments, including experience with Service-Oriented Architectures, Enterprise Services Buses and Service Registries.
- Demonstrated understanding of SDLC workflow tools and frameworks, systems development and testing methodologies, and the use of patterns such as micro-services and containerisation.
- Experience with security frameworks such as SAML, OIDC and OAuth.
- Experience working in agile delivery teams.
- Experience working with and setting up CI/CD pipelines and tools.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Sophia Ahmad on 02 6245 1730 quoting Job Reference: 199672.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold or are able to gain a Federal Government Security Clearance to apply.
Please note only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.