Be a part of a nationally renowned enterprise and industry leader in mobile payments technology and services. Hybrid Flexibility for Sydney Based candidates.
- Permanent Opportunity
- Hybrid Flexibility for Sydney Based candidates
- Competitive Salary Rate
About the Job
We require an experienced Senior Java Developer with 10+ years' experience for our Australian-based payments company. Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will be a key member of the Technology team.
You will be a leader as well as a mentor to the team. You will work closely with our Solutions Architect to provide solutions to technical issues and are responsible for meeting development schedules, ensuring that the delivered solution meets the technical specification, design, and business requirements. You will be hands-on with code development and deployment.
Your role responsibilities will include:
- Build, develop and test a world-class payment solution.
- Research, evaluate, develop, and deploy new functions.
- Deploy, improve, and maintain highly available systems and services
- Analyse system requirements and develop technical design
- Leverage both system and software engineering skills in order to address the needs of the teams.
- Promptly escalate issues, which affects product delivery and quality
- Contribute to the company's knowledge base and process improvements
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Adhere to company and project standards and guidelines
Skills and experience
- Bachelor/Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 10 + years of experience in Java and related technologies
- Exposure to cloud & automated CI CD pipeline
- Large scalable high volume/traffic/distributed systems
- Excellent communication skills (Tech and non-Tech)
- Sound understanding of SQL
- Security and encryption best practices
- Experience in REST APIs
- Experienced in designing and developing microservices
- Good knowledge of build tools like Maven
- Quality and on-time delivery of agreed deliverables
- High attention to detail
- Cloud Platforms - mainly Amazon Web Services (AWS) (and ideally AWS certified)
- Working with blue-chip clients in Banking, Finance, and Payment
Advance your skills in a fantastic work environment with a great culture. Work on the latest technologies, across multiple platforms. Currently working remotely/WFH environment with potential to go into the office periodically as needed.
If interested and you think you're the right person for this opportunity, please select APPLY or contact email@example.com quoting reference number 244619.