Our Federal Government Client is seeking two skilled Senior Java Developers.
This is a long-term contract up to 30 June 2022 with 2x12-month extension option, located at our Client's Canberra location.
As the selected candidate, you will be:
- Providing technical design, development, implementation, and maintenance of large and complex applications;
- Participating in the design and development of technical changes that meet business requirements while being aligned with Enterprise Architecture artefacts;
- Developing, maintaining and unit testing system components;
- Providing application development in line with Departmental standards and methodologies;
- Providing coding, unit testing and maintaining complex J2EE applications and components;
- Developing and maintaining system design documentation;
- Providing database design and development;
- Providing contributions to architectural issues;
- Mentoring junior team members;
- Providing troubleshooting to production issues and incidents;
- Providing development effort estimates for changes to existing applications and new applications;
- Providing Code Review and other Quality Assurance tasks for projects and for code delivered by the Section;
- Providing status reporting to Development Managers;
- Working within small development teams;
- Liaising with business analysts, testers and other stakeholders to efficiently deliver high quality work; and
- Providing defect management including:
- triage of defects to determine priorities and defect fix implementation;
- analysis and identification of the root causes contributing to incidents and problems.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Minimum five (5) years' experience working with one or more of the following technologies: Java (J2EE, Servlet, EJB & EJB3, JPA (Hibernate) Spring, SOAP, Web services, Component, SQL, Oracle, DBE).
- Demonstrated experience with cloud and integration.
- Demonstrated experience with designing, developing, supporting and maintaining capabilities in large complex ICT environments.
- Demonstrated extensive technical expertise as a senior developer working in production environments and projects with waterfall or agile methodologies.
- Exposure to a variety of technologies, including but not limited to:
- WebSphere MQ; and
- IBM Datapower.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly gain knowledge of other open source and/or COTS products/technologies.
It is desirable if you have:
- Good understanding of SDLC, release management, ICT change management and software development processes.
- Tertiary qualifications in Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian who have the ability to obtain Baseline Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: #240830
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.