About the role
The Senior Java Developer will be responsible for the design and build of high quality and secure Java Applications and Services for the client. The role will report to the Project Manager.
- Design, prototype, develop, test and implement Java Applications and Services in accordance with SDLC and Development Framework in large and complex organisations;
- Work closely with the project team, technical lead and architect to produce technical and support documentation on new and enhanced high quality secure Java Applications and Services;
- Develop Java Applications & Services that integrate with different platforms that also use relational databases;
- Supervise a team of developers and work as an effective team member in investigating and developing options and solutions while championing business needs;
- Liaise with users to determine requirements, develop and implement robust solutions that meet these requirements;
- Use project control mechanisms to ensure the timely delivery of working and reliable applications;
- Liaise with external vendors to acquire and provide technical details of communication specifications;
- Minimum 8 years of demonstrated experience in highly scalable Java/J2EE end to end development and at least 3 years experience of working as a senior lead developer on a major IT program/project adhering to SDLC methodologies;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in integration service (RESTful/SOAP/Messaging) development and experience transforming RESTful services to SOAP services across different platforms;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in transforming RESTful services to SOAP services across different platforms;
- Strong and proven development experience with application servers (ideally JBoss clustered) with caching and relational databases (ideally Oracle/MS SQL Server);
- Strong and proven development experience with database mapping framework (Hibernate/ORM/JPA);
- Demonstrated experience in JEE development environment, JSP/Servlet, Hibernate, EJB3, Spring,Gradle, Struts, JUnit & Ant;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in developing relational database; ability to convert the required application data structure to the database design/development as an application developer (not DBA work);
- Demonstrated ability to analyse business requirements and develop appropriate technical solutions and documentation;
- Demonstrated sound understanding of reporting tools such as SQL Server Reporting Services and Crystal Reports;
- Demonstrated experience in leading, coaching and mentoring a team of developers to achieve the successful development and implementation of end to end solutions; and
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to deal professionally,tactfully and effectively with various stakeholders (both internally and externally) at all organisational levels.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Manjita Osta at 0294094718 quoting reference number 190384.
To apply please click the "Apply Now" button and attach a copy of your up-to-date resume (preferably in MS Word format).