About the Company
The Telecommunications Services Programme (the Programme) will define, procure and implement the next generation of telecommunications services for our client and partner agencies in the Social Services Portfolio. The Programme will replace core telecommunications capabilities with modern technology and ensure service continuity for core platforms. It will also underpin the future state set out in the Agency's digital strategy and Master Plan by 2025.
About the role
The scope of the programme includes replacing existing data network capabilities, including Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN), internet carriage and management services across locations throughout Australia (including metro and remote), provided over infrastructure including Fibre, Satellite, Wireless, In-building.
The Programme is seeking a strong, experienced Senior Infrastructure Specialist / Technology Architect to bring together the requirements of the Programme to enable the transition from existing to new arrangements.
* Emerging technology monitoring (EMRG) (Level 6): Plans and leads the identification and assessment of new and emerging technologies and the evaluation of the potential impacts, threats and opportunities
* Enterprise and business architecture (STPL) (Level 6): Leads the creation and review of a systems capability strategy that meets the strategic requirements of the business
* Methods and tools (METL) (Level 6): Develops organisational policies, standards, and guidelines for methods and tools
Skills and experience
1. Engineering / Architecture qualification. 2. At least 5 years of relevant industry experience.
3. Have, or has the ability to obtain and maintain a baseline security clearance.
4. Demonstrate a deep understanding of Network infrastructure including:
Enterprise WAN, LAN, W-LAN Branch / Campus: Firewalls / Gateways and Routers, Switches
Large Scale, multi-site, multi-location (metro and remote)
5. Demonstrate a deep understanding of at least one of the following technologies: Fibre, Satellite, Wireless/mobile, networks, In-building coverage (Wi-Fi, DAS), Remote telecommunications services, Software Defined Networks (SDN)
6. Demonstrate a good understanding of: Integration with cloud, SaaS, SASE solutions
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Cinar Irfan on 02 6268 9702 cinar .irfan@ peoplebank.com.au quoting reference 245632.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.