The purpose of the role is to manage the delivery of infrastructure refresh, migration and transformation for the project and to contribute towards the realization of an integrated 'Everything-as-a-Service' delivery model across technology refresh strategies including server and platform consolidation, storage reform, end user computing, and data centre reform.
Job Specific Requirements
- Demonstrated experience in IT infrastructure technologies and large-scale implementation of platforms and infrastructure technologies;
- Demonstrated experience in evaluating and implementing Cloud based 'As-a-Service' models;
- Demonstrated experience in managing major data centre upgrades or migrations including all aspects of ICT Infrastructure e.g. Storage, Networks, Compute, Virtualisation, Mainframe, etc.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of a wide range of ICT Technologies including Storage, Networks, Servers, Virtualisation, consolidated platforms, etc.
- Demonstrated ability and resilience in overcoming project obstacles to meet schedule and financial targets; and to act independently while multi-tasking to deliver key deliverables.
- Certified in project management preferably practitioner level of PRINCE2 and demonstrated skills and experience in using contemporary project management methodologies in delivering best practice, customer focused ICT systems / successful projects.
- Understanding of information and intelligence functions relating to operational policing;
- Understanding of government and corporate management policies and guidelines and legislation particularly around configuration management;
- Knowledge of and experience in organisational change / benefits management;
- Experience in project financial management and reporting;
- Demonstrated strong leadership and management skills with proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders (internally and externally); set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; and execute with limited information and ambiguity;
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Manjita Osta quoting reference number 194947.
To apply please click the "Apply Now" button and attach a copy of your up-to-date resume (preferably in MS Word format).