What you'll get to do:
Design and implement solutions in over 3,000 trading sites across Australia and New Zealand for Australia's top retailer. Influence and aid hardware selection, strategic direction of over 25,000 POS and nearly 10,000 self checkouts as well as other infrastructure in store. With IT in the midst of a refresh, we need the best to uplift the service to the business.
What you need to succeed:
- 5 years work experience within infrastructure engineering/design.
- Depth and breadth of knowledge across workstation SOE and packaging methodologies.
- Sound understanding of physical and wireless networking.
- Solid experience with scripting / automation of infrastructure in remote sites (preferably MS based deployments).
- Demonstrated experience in infrastructure and service design, working with vendors and third parties to deliver desired outcomes at scale.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and directions to ensure solutions will provide business with forward compatible, scalable and flexible solutions.
- Focus on capability over product lead decisions.
- Disciplined approach to documentation creation and review.
- An innovative and creative approach to decision making.
- Ability to understand and reverse engineer complex solutions.
Soft Skills and Leadership
- As a senior, provide technical leadership and expertise in the desktop, POS and self checkout disciplines. Share responsibility of overall service health.
- Sound understanding of retail and business processes. Ability to articulate business benefit from technical decisions. Customer experience always in front of mind.
- Exemplary written, communication and time management skills.
- Confidence in conflict resolution, negotiation and influencing ability.
- Focus on how things 'should' be done, instead of repeating 'how' they are done.
- Ability to prioritize among competing opportunities, balance consumer needs with business priorities, and articulate the rationale behind decisions.
- Experience working with project/program managers. Experience working on large projects and ensuring the technology outcome is robust and supportable at scale.
- Ability to appropriately challenge or influence business and technical strategic direction. Forward thinking.
- Good understanding of organisational culture.
- Microsoft Certification (Windows 10, 7, embedded, POSready7, SCCM)
This is a rare opportunity to be part of a stable and high calibre team. To indicate your interest please apply via the link or call Eugene on (02) 8267 2467 for a detailed and confidential discussion