Our Federal Government Client is seeking an experienced Senior IT Project Manager to work on various IT development projects.
This is a long-term contract role for 12 months with possible extension options, located at our Client's Canberra City location.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Manage the delivery of large, complex projects that include technology implementation and significant business change components;
- Formulate project plans with relevant stakeholders, and provide oversight and direction of planning through all project stages, from inception to completion, in accordance with agreed scope, timeline, quality and budget requirements;
- Work with members of the wider program team, including architects, developers and testers to ensure cross-project dependencies are clearly mapped and managed;
- Set priorities and allocate resources in order to achieve agreed delivery objectives;
- Proactively manage changes in scope and ensure appropriate measures are developed with relevant stakeholders to reassess, renegotiate and replan as required;
- Proactively assess and analyse any risks and issues that may impact project team delivery and develop plans to address or otherwise mitigate them;
- Maintain productive relationships and ongoing liaison with internal and external stakeholders;
- Participate in business and technical change management forums and provide regular reporting to relevant governance forums; and
- Manage project team resources.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Demonstrated Project delivery experience in medium to large infrastructure, system integration or business change projects;
- Demonstrated experience in managing medium to large project teams with multi-skilled resources;
- Strong understanding of methods, processes and procedures relating to project delivery;
- Strong understanding of ICT concepts and system development lifecycle management methods;
- Ability to work autonomously or within a portfolio team to meet objectives;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven ability in developing and publishing project documentation, including, but not limited to, Project Briefs and Project Management Plans, etc; and
- Demonstrated experience applying Agile and Prince2 methodology/s to deliver projects.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently possess NV1 Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: # 212371
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.