Peoplebank are recruiting for a Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer to work for one of clients based in the Adelaide CBD on a 6 month contract.
You will be working as part of a small internal IT team, providing IT Infrastructure expertise across the organisation.
You will have 5 to 10+ years of relevant IT Infrastructure experience, across Servers, Storage and Networks working in mid to large sized environments.
- Exercise responsibility for the operational management and production support of the infrastructure environment including server, storage and network, ensuring high availability through the application of disciplined production management practices including formal change management processes.
- Manage the operational relationship with vendors and oversee vendor(s) responses to major incidents and problem resolution activity relating to the infrastructure environments. Ensure vendors have appropriate and timely access to the internal resources required to resolve major incidents and problems.
- Manage data capacity and undertake regular capacity planning. Escalate emerging capacity issues to the ICT Management team in a timely manner.
- Assist in evaluating new services, processes and technologies across infrastructure and contribute to mentoring and developing less experienced staff.
- Contribute technical expertise to designated ICT projects, manage infrastructure related projects and review solutions recommended by the vendors. Contribute to continuous improvement in the use of technologies across ICT.
- Comply with physical, system and data security policies and procedures and proactively report any issues pertaining to the integrity and security of systems. Encourage awareness of security issues and good practice amongst colleagues.
- Undertake design, configuration, support and management of other infrastructure environment such as servers, virtual servers, network and other assets as required.
- Apply expert technical knowledge and expertise to document the policies and procedures in support of the operational infrastructure environment and contribute to the formulation of ICT policies and procedures.
This is an urgent role, so don't delay and APPLY NOW !
SA: LHS 296564