- Work with the end-user directly
- Combination of project work and BAU
- Sydney CBD Based - Flexibility to work remotely
Position: Infrastructure Engineer
Reporting To: INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGER
The successful applicant is a highly experienced IT infrastructure Engineer and will be responsible for the support and administration of all infrastructure within the organisation while playing a key role in the implementation of key transformation projects.
The applicant will provide the highest possible levels of service to the business through a combination of excellent engagement with customers, innovation, problem solving, effective communication and compliance to core processes/standards.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Provide 2nd to 3rd level operational support and administration of Office 365/MS Exchange, virtual datacentres, Citrix farms and WAN/LAN environments.
- Deliver new technology projects and solutions that aligns and supports the company's objectives
- Provide operational support to the Infrastructure and Service Desk teams. Support includes system administration, testing, problem resolution and any other infrastructure tasks.
- Provide timely and quality technical support for end users.
- Ensure the high availability, performance, and security of the infrastructure
- Ensure the security of IT systems are maintained and consistently improved (risk management reporting, proactive monitoring, pen tests, backups, patching, MFA, etc)
- Develop and maintain Disaster Recovery procedures
- Perform configurations, builds, upgrades, migrations, decommissions of servers and systems
- Deploy changes between controlled environments through to production systems
- Provide input into new services and technologies for the business
- Coordinate and work with vendors for supporting the infrastructure and associated services (incident, change and service requests)
- Put the operation and troubleshooting of organisation's platforms into proper documentation
- Provide on-call support for critical incidents
- Travel to site when necessary to complete IT hardware deployments or assist in office moves
DESIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Specialized professional with demonstrated industry experience in a similar role:
- A minimum of 5 years industry experience as infrastructure engineer, who has come through the technical ranks
- At least 3rd level experience in supporting small to medium sized infrastructure environments
- Deep technical skills consisting of virtualised datacentre technologies (VMware, Azure, AWS, cluster architecture), medium to large Citrix/RDS farms, Microsoft technology stack, advanced networking (firewall, routing, switching, VPNs, VeloCloud SD-WAN, etc) and VoIP
- Experience with ITIL and Security Governance Frameworks (ISO 27001, ASD Essential 8, NIST, etc) and next gen / cloud-based security solutions (CASB, Netskope, CrowdStrike, Mimecast, Okta, etc)
- Advanced level troubleshooting of technologies mentioned above
- Demonstrated experience in leading integration, upgrade, transformation and migration projects
- Proven experience working on multiple concurrent projects and BAU activities
- Outstanding attention to detail, with the ability to work pro-actively, independently and respond flexibly to changing priorities
- Experience leading the response to a critical incident to facilitate service restoration
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Highly developed customer service skills
- Time management and task prioritisation skills
- Understanding of recruitment industry an advantage
QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree level qualification in IT, Computer Science, or a relevant Business Discipline and/or equivalent experience.
- Industry certifications in systems or networking (e.g., VMWare, Citrix, Microsoft, Cisco, etc) would be highly regarded
If interested please select APPLY or Contract Richard.email@example.com Quoting reference 207786