Our Federal Government Client is seeking a Senior Front-end Web Developer to be responsible for enhancing and maintaining front-end code for existing business systems' user interfaces. The position will primarily fill an immediate need in project teams, but may be required to undertake some maintenance activities.
This is a long-term contract role until 30 June 2021 with 12 months extension options, located at our Client's Canberra City location.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Provide expert advice in the design, development and maintenance of user interfaces.
- Work as part of a small, focused, and multi-disciplinary project team to deliver business solutions.
- Respond with the necessary aptitude to identify and resolve technical issues to service ACIC's needs.
- Demonstrate experience and knowledge in managing ICT development activities to completion to meet business outcomes.
- Innovate, identify and apply relevant industry approaches to technical problems.
- Collaborate and communicate technical concepts effectively with a variety of stakeholders, both verbally and in writing.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in user interface design and knowledge of applicable standards (such as WCAG).
- Demonstrated effective communication with end users and back-end developers.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and fix problems in production environments.
It is desirable if you have:
- Previous experience working with systems where Java was the primary back-end technology highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a small team, especially with experience working in an agile environment.
- Broad knowledge of contemporary front-end web frameworks, including the ability to assess their suitability for a given set of requirements and constraints.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently possess or have the ability to obtain Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: #211265
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.