- Sydney CBD location
- Large organisation
- 6-month contract plus extension
Our client is seeking a Senior Financial Accountant to join their corporate finance team. The team is responsible for assisting with month end close and reporting, external audits, statutory compliance and reporting, GL integrity and finance control governance.
- Supporting with the co-ordination and the management of the Group's month end close process including P&L analytical reviews, consolidation, inter-company, eliminations, and fixed asset reporting.
- Assistance with the determination of risks and opportunities for Reporting and Planning team's consideration and update of landing zone positions.
- Provision of commercially viable technical advice and determination of judgemental technical positions. Assistance with implementation of technical accounting changes including coordination with the Group Financial Reporting, Shared Services and Business Partnering teams.
- Preparation of half-year and year end statutory subsidiary reporting packs for ST Group including analytical commentaries for inclusion into the Group's results.
- Performance of regular GL reconciliation risk reviews and supporting financial control and governance related matters including ASX equivalent control and annual asset certifications.
- Completion of half-year and annual consolidated statutory financial statements and analytical commentaries, cash flow and balance sheet forecasts and inter-company matrix for StarTrack entities.
- Application of complex accounting concepts within the group including consolidations, inter-entity transactions, intra-group recharges, eliminations, integration activities, new product revenues, and lease accounting.
- CA/CPA Qualified (Essential) with at least 8+ experience and of that 3 years in a Senior Financial Accountant role.
- System skill - PeopleSoft, SAP, TM1 desirable
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and experience of applying this commercially. Practical experience in inter-entity transactions, consolidations, eliminations, integration accounting and statutory reporting including cash flow statements and balance sheet forecasts.
- Practical exposure to application of accounting standard changes e.g. AASB16 Leases.
- Local experience in Big4/Chartered firm under Audit or Business Services division highly desirable.
Please submit CV in WORD format ONLY
Ref : 198 734