As Senior Engineer Substations you will provide Electrical Design expertise in HV and DC Traction Systems
About the Company
A large and well known Australian business, providing an integrated customer experience to its services.
About the Role
Senior Engineer Substations you will provide Electrical Design expertise in HV and DC Traction Systems. You will produce electrical designs, including assisting with the production of complex multi discipline design projects, and provide best practice engineering advice and services internally and externally to maximise the safety and reliability of relevant electrical systems infrastructure and assets throughout the asset lifecycle
- Execute safety management system requirements
- Contribute to the development of engineering standards, policies, procedures and instructions
- Develop electrical engineering designs and associated documentation
- Review and accept designs in accordance with the provisions of the electrical engineering competency framework
- Identify, develop and communicate engineering innovations
- Contribute to tender preparation for RFT submissions
- Implement Quality Control procedures as they apply to design and service delivery
- Previous experience as a Senior Engineer ideally with Substations experience
- 5 years' experience in a Power Engineering environment
- Extensive experience in producing control schematics (particularly for protection circuits) and detailed arrangement drawings.
- Demonstrated experience in high level problem solving relating to traction power systems, electrical substations, distribution infrastructure, and associated materials,
- Experience in the review of civil structural and architectural designs to ensure that the electrical requirements are met
- Experience in risk assessment and management, particularly engineering design hazard risk analysis.
- Knowledge of relevant codes of practice, standards, policy, procedures and guidelines including the Electricity Supply Act 1995, Rail Safety Act 2002 and Safety & Network Management Regulations 2002.
- Experience in construction and commissioning of high voltage AC substations and DC substations
- Bachelor of Engineering in electrical.
For more information, please contact Pooja Gupta, quoting ref:193778