About the Company
A large and well known Australian business, providing an integrated customer experience to its services.
About the Role
As Senior Engineer Substations you will provide Electrical Design expertise in HV and DC Traction Systems. You will produce electrical designs, including assisting with the production of complex multi discipline design projects, and provide best practice engineering advice to maximise the safety and reliability of electrical systems infrastructure and assets throughout the asset lifecycle
- Execute safety management system requirements
- Contribute to the development of engineering standards, policies and procedures
- Develop electrical engineering designs and documentation
- Develop and produce Design Scope of Work documents including all interfaces with other sections of Electrical Design and other disciplines.
- Provide expert engineering advice and services to external clients
- Review and accept designs in accordance with the competency framework
- Identify, develop and communicate engineering innovations
- Contribute to tender preparation for RFT submissions
- Contribute to project plans and scheduled works
- Prepare draft technical investigation reports and technical specifications.
- Provide technical guidance to the design team, in the production of accurate electrical design drawings
- Provide client liaison, including attendance at meetings, workshops, site inspections etc
- Identify issues and resolve problems
- Implement Quality Control procedures
- Previous experience as a Senior Engineer ideally with Substations experience
- 5 years' experience in a Power Engineering environment
- Extensive experience in producing control schematics (particularly for protection circuits) and detailed arrangement drawings.
- Demonstrated experience in high level problem solving relating to traction power systems, electrical substations, distribution infrastructure, and associated materials, including design of high voltage AC substations, DC traction substations and distribution substations.
- Experience in the review of civil structural and architectural designs to ensure that the electrical requirements are met
- Experience in risk assessment and management, particularly engineering design hazard risk analysis.
- Knowledge of relevant codes of practice, standards, policy, procedures and guidelines including the Electricity Supply Act 1995, Rail Safety Act 2002 and Safety & Network Management Regulations 2002.
- Experience in construction and commissioning of high voltage AC substations and DC substations
- Bachelor of Engineering in electrical.
Please APPLY NOW to Vanessa Knispel with your full resume in Word format for consideration as this role closes 9 October
To be eligible for this opportunity, you must be an Australian Permanent Resident or Citizen as my client does not sponsor visas.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Vanessa Knispel quoting reference: 188873.
Please click the apply button.