Our client is a Large telecommunications organisation, they are currently seeking 2 Elixir Developers who will be responsible for building streaming data solutions using a combination of Elixir & Kafka. They currently have 12 month rolling contracts up for grabs.
About the role
You would be involved in:
- Using your knowledge of distributed system design and functional programming tenets you will be responsible for not only implementation but assisting with BAU tasks.
- These tasks will range from agile ceremonies, scoping customer work, working with the wider engineering team to enhance software engineering practises and building/maintenance of system components.
To be successful for the role, you would ideally:
Have demonstrated experience in:
- High throughput streaming systems
- Elixir/Erlang/BEAM or any functional programming experience with a keen interest in learning Elixir
- Skills in analysing trends, patterns, and data consistency issues
- Proficient Linux skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- BASH scripting
- Agile experience
- Networking knowledge - tcpdump, routing, troubleshooting connectivity
- Polyglot engineer - Not afraid to dig around in code bases of multiple languages such as:
PHP, Python, Perl
- Atlassian suite Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW.
For any further questions or information, please contact Lizbeth Delos Reyes and quote job #212883