About the Company
A large and well known Australian business, providing an integrated customer experience to its services.
About the Role
As Senior Design Engineer you will be focusing on power system protection for the electrical network including AC DC design and grading studies. You will be responsible for all protection and control concept designs, review of internal protection designs, the review for acceptance of external protection designs and review of schedules for the electrical network. You will complete protection grading studies and utilise software protection tools.
You will be responsible for managing the delivery of work. You will complete design briefs and will be working on site and witnessing and supporting commission engineers onsite. You will also be providing some leadership to other engineers in the team.
- Manage the delivery of work
- Provide authoritative engineering advice on high voltage AC and DC traction power protection systems,
- Prepare design briefs for high voltage protection designs
- Design high voltage protection concepts and review high voltage protection designs
- Assess and recommend approval of high voltage and DC protection equipment for use
- Develop commissioning plans and methods for high voltage AC and DC traction power equipment to enable design validation
- Complete onsite visits
- Witness and support commission engineers
- Manage and mentor technicians
Must Have Experience
- Previous experience as a Senior Design Engineer
- Must have experience Power System Protection roles within Distribution
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a Power Engineering environment
- Must have knowledge of electrical AC and DC protection systems;
- Must have experience in Protection Grading Studies (AC DC)
- Must have experience in software protection tools
- Must have previous experience in mentoring Engineers
- Knowledge of codes of practice, standards, policy, procedures and guidelines,
- Demonstrated experience in AC & DC fault calculations, HV protection design, network operation, protection grading studies, and relay setting for AC and DC electrical networks;
- Demonstrated experience in construction and commissioning of HV protection systems and control;
- Demonstrated experience in interpretation and review of protection schematic diagrams
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering
Nice to Have
- Exposure to SCADA systems
Please APPLY NOW to Vanessa Knispel with your full resume in Word format for consideration as this role closes Friday 21 June
To be eligible for this opportunity, you must be an Australian Permanent Resident or Citizen as my client does not sponsor visas.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Vanessa Knispel quoting reference: 195757
Please click the apply button.