- Be part of a large cyber security project protecting Australia
- Full-time opportunity, work with a top federal agency in Canberra
- Long-term contract role with long-term extensions
Our client is seeking a Senior Developer to assist with the development of the cybersecurity program. This position would provide software engineering input and provide key architectural and code input to the program. The position would require a fundamental understanding of internet services, networking, distributed systems and modern software engineering best practices.
Candidates will report to the Project Managers. There is an expectation that successful candidates will work 5 days per week (estimated 40-hour week). On boarding is in Canberra.
The person will possess broad knowledge in:
- Software engineering concepts,
- Programming languages,
- Cloud IaaS services,
- Linux Containers,
- System architecture,
- Linux and Cloud security best practice.
The person will possess skills in:
- Best practice software engineering practices,
- Leading a team of developers,
- Using software engineering tools,
- Developing using the Python programming language,
- Developing using the Bash shell and associated scripting language,
- Deploying code using Linux containers,
- Designing and deploying a distributed system using cloud services (AWS preferred),
- Developing a system using database products (such as PostgreSQL),
- Developing a system using messaging products (such as RabbitMQ).
The Senior Developer major responsibilities include:
- Ensuring technical functionality is delivered on-time and to specifications,
- Writing code to deliver the technical functionality,
- Ensuring that code is developing using best practice principles,
- Supporting, guiding and mentoring other developers in the development process,
- Supporting the program through planning and implementation for future capabilities,
- Developing software engineering technical artefacts.
Our client is committed to remaining an exemplar in our response to COVID-19. They have a flexible workforce and have aligned our work environment to meet restrictions implemented by the local government arrangements. Current engagements with our client are dependent upon ensuring compliance with these restrictions and meeting our specific business needs. For instances whereby a program of work is unable to be delivered virtually during lockdown, then a mutually agreed delayed commencement will be considered.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Demonstrated understanding of best practice software engineering practices.
- Experience in leading a team of developers.
- Developing using the Python programming language
- Experience with cloud IaaS environments (preferably AWS).
- Experience in designing and developing distributed systems
- Experience in managing database and messaging products.
- Using software engineering tools.
- Experience with Linux containers.
- Knowledge of networking concepts, including TCP/IP, NAT, DNS, HTTPS and SMTP.
- Experience with enabling software developers in delivering capability.
- High attention to detail with solid documentation skills and good communication skills with various stakeholders
- Experience with CI/CD solutions.
- Ability to manage concurrent tasks with competing priorities.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to and accommodate changes, at both the project level and solution level.
For more information or to apply, please contact Josie Bandiola 02 9054 8710 quoting Job Reference: 238266