- Long term contract.
- CBD based (working from home)
- Federal Government agency
A large Federal Government client is looking for a Senior Developer to assist with a large development project.
The Senior Developer will work on one or more Application Remediation projects and be the primary resource within a project team to lead development activities, build/refactoring, and deployment of remediated code.
- Assisting the estimating and planning of development work
- Analysis of existing legacy application code
- Application refactoring / reconfiguration / repackaging
- Deploy into lower and production environments
- Integration experience
- System test execution, triaging and resolving test defects
- Skills in authoring software release documentation
Ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience;
- At least 5 years development experience working on Linux based applications and knowledge of RHEL administration.
- Software Packaging and Repositories - rpm, yum, apt, pip etc
- At least 1 other language such as Perl, C#, C/C++, or similar
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Continuous Integration and Continual Delivery (CI/CD)
- Sound understanding and working knowledge of Git
- Experience in systems integration
- Sound knowledge of common open-source infrastructure and development platforms
- Advanced skills in authoring software release documentation (Release Notes and Deployment Guides etc)
- Experience working in Agile delivery teams.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold or are able to gain an Australian Government security clearance
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact John on 03 8080 7260.