Our client's Connected, Identity and Authentication Branch is seeking highly motivated and experienced Senior Developers to be part of the Citizen Access team. The Senior Developer realises design or prototypes and testing support and is responsible for the development of software and technical design. The role is responsible for building software with a focus on how it will be used. The Senior Developer works under the limited direction of senior staff and is a member of a multi-disciplinary team. They are expected to manage and organise their own work in the context of competing priorities.
Duties may include some or all of the following:
- Undertake analysis, design, development, prototyping, testing and maintenance activities with a focus on security and accessibility
- Build web products to serve a variety of citizens' needs
- Implement APIs or services for internal and external use
- Provide go-live support and maintenance for applications
- Propose, facilitate and document innovative solutions to meet enterprise and user needs
- Maintain up to date knowledge of software development methodologies, security frameworks, and transfer knowledge to other team members
- Ensure knowledge transfer and mentoring of junior staff
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Experience in Angular, React and/or Java and web service technology and standards including Spring, JPA/Hibernate, SOAP and REST.
- Demonstrated understanding of the software development life cycle, systems development and testing methodologies.
- Demonstrated highly developed communication skills and the ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Experience in HTML, JSON, XML, React, Angular or Java/J2EE development experience including security frameworks such as SAML, OIDC and OAuth.
- Experience working in agile delivery teams.
- Hands on experience with micro-services, containerisation and setting up CI/CD pipelines and tools such as Maven, Jenkins, GitLab and Swagger.
- Experience in and/or exposure to a wide range of assistive technologies, including Dragon and JAWS, and familiarity with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
For more information or to apply, please contact Shah Khalid on 02 6245 1726 quoting Job Reference: 214783