Senior DevOps Engineer | Leading SaaS Tech Company
- Greenfield Company Wide Program
- Be a Leading Voice in DevOps Choices
- Highly Respected Tech Company | Great People
This business is one of the best development groups in Australia, but not following DevOps best practice is costing them as they scale fast. As a result, a key company initiative has been set up, with a new 'platforms team' created to drive significant and systemic improvement through DevOps. They have commitment to start delivering tangible change within the next 3-6 months. This is a not DevOps lip service, really requiring a little automation here or there. This is a tech company and culture looking to fundamentally improve and change the way they operate. They are using the SRE handbook as their guiding playbook - they unashamedly trying to be Google like.
Their Aim Is:
- Monitoring dashboards created covering all software modules
- Alerting in place for top 10 critical processes
- Deploy dark, at any time, zero touch
- Capacity planning embedded into SCRUM
- Team trained in AWS
- Ops and Development team unified and collaborating
Whilst the willingness and commitment to change is absolute and backed by the CEO and Board, they are realistic that this program is going to involve radical change and therefor growing pains. So, aside from having the tech skills and experience, you also need to have the collaboration mindset required to help usher them through the journey of change.
- Come from a development background
- AWS cloud formation expertise
- Python or PowerShell scripting skills
- CI/CD experience - current toolset is mainly Atlassian products
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with configuration management systems (chef, puppet, salt, etc)
- Experience with Windows and Linux based OS and web servers