Our client, one of the largest institutional banks in Australia, is currently looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join their Financial Markets Technology Team.
In this role, you will be responsible for ongoing maintenance and expansion of surveillance systems using DevOps methodologies and tools.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- 1st and Second level support to our Trade Surveillance solution
- Improvements to the trade surveillance solution with automation, monitoring and DevOps methodologies
- Using automation tools to Regularly upgrade and patch cycle across data centres
- Expanding automated deployment and build capability across our entire application scope (including apps outside the surveillance stack) that provide low latency FX pricing and trade execution.
- Install and configure and manage new DevOps tools such as sensu, docker, ELK, Ansible
- Migrating development and testing environments to Docker containers / cloud environments where appropriate
- Assist with the design and documentation of technical specifications of networking and firewall design
- Unix / Python scripting and task automation
To be successful in this role, you should have experience in the majority of the following:
- Python Development and Pyspark, Scala Spark or Spark SQL
- UNIX / Linux administration
- Puppet automation tool set (or equivalent)
- Atlassian development tools or Open Source equivalent
- Open Source Database tools (MySQL/PostGres).
- Working with large data and extracting insights
- System and nework architecture design
- Coded management and branching with GIT
- Agile Software development principles and methodologies.
- Software automation
- Database Schema
You should also have strong attention to detail and the ability to produce quality documentation. As a person, you should be able to deal with people at all levels and work with minimal supervision. You should have a strong academic background in STEM.
For more information, or to be considered for this role, please contact Steph at Peoplebank.