Our client is seeking to engage a Senior Data Network Engineer to implement the following projects:
- Cisco Core Switch Upgrade from 6500s to Nexus 9K
- Investigate options and develop a high-level design to implement Software Defined - Wide Area Networking (SD-WAN);
- Implement connecting over 150 of our sites to the new Queensland Government Regional Network (QGRN) using a mix of ethernet and 4G services; and
- Transitioning another 40 sites to the National Broadband Network (NBN).
The primary duties of the role include:
- Provide high level technical skills and expertise to support the efficient and effective operation, maintenance and management of a complex enterprise Data Networks infrastructure which underpins critical state-wide services and delivery of network applications;
- Carry out system configurations, installations and maintenance to ensure agreed levels of service and data integrity are provided, including developing and maintaining high quality design and support documentation;
- Industry Certified - for example CCNA, CCNP (please provide Registration Number).
- Demonstrated extensive experience and knowledge in Routing & Switching, routing protocols, Internet Protocol Virtual Private Network (IP VPN) technologies, Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN), DNS, DHCP, IPAM, VoIP, QOS, RADIUS and ISE.
- Large Scale Wireless Deployments (preferably Cisco)
- Configuration experience with enterprise medium/high end LAN/ WAN products (including Cisco, F5 and Palo Alto Networks).
- Demonstrated experience using system management tools including AKIPS(preferred), Statseeker, Scrutinizer, Infoblox and Observium.
- Proven experience with the design, provisioning, installation, support and management of WAN and LAN network including connectivity technologies in an enterprise (100+) network (preferably Cisco switch/router) including demonstrated knowledge of transport media (Ethernet, Digital Subscriber Line (DSL), Third Generation (3G), Fourth Generation (4G), wirelessLAN).
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills. Ability to coordinate/direct the efforts of multiple parties in the resolution of fault in the WAN/LAN environment.
- Sound knowledge of security technical protocols, policies and processes (Firewalls, Remote access and other VPN technologies)
Take the next step - APPLY NOW! Or contact Vidya Sadawarte on 07 3319 7501.