Senior Data Network Engineer
Duration: 12 months + 2 x 12 month optional extensions
Primary Location: Carseldine QLD 4034
Additionally, Adelaide Street, Brisbane QLD 4000 (on average one day per week)
About the role
We are seeking a Senior Data Network Engineer who will provide support and maintenance to our client's data network environments. The role manages the Juniper (firewall and switch) and Cisco (switch) network infrastructure for the organisation.
* Demonstrated understanding and significant experience in the design, deployment and management of large-scale enterprise data networks utilising predominantly Juniper (with some Cisco) routing and switching infrastructure.
* Strong analytical and diagnostic skills. Ability to coordinate/direct the efforts of multiple parties in the resolution of fault in the WAN/LAN environment.
* Sound knowledge of security technical protocols, policies and processes (Firewalls, Remote access and other VPN technologies)
* Excellent communication with key stakeholders, verbal & written, technical and non technical.
* Demonstrated ability to provide advice and skills transfer activities that contribute to building a highly skilled and efficient group of personnel in the Data Network Services group.
* Proven track record of working effectively in a team environment supporting production data network environments, working to tight deadlines, and supporting business critical infrastructure.
* Available for on-call requirements (weekend and evenings).
* Available for intra-state travel.
* Ability to show initiative and work unsupervised.
* Current and varied experience across public and private sector (specifically teh transport industry) is highly desirable.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Bharti Chandramouli on 07 3003 7643 quoting reference 242527.