Peoplebank are recruiting for a Data Engineer to work for our client based in Adelaide on a permanent, on-going basis! This career definitely job opportunity, will see you working with a team of the best and brightest minds in the industry!
Specifically as a Data Engineer you will use modern data engineer techniques and methods with Advanced Analytics to support business decisions for external clients. Indeed, you will collect, aggregate, store, and reconcile data in support of Client business decisions.
You will help design and build data pipelines, data streams, reporting tools, information dashboards, data service APIs, data generators and other end-user information portals and insight tools.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Translate business requirements to technical solutions leveraging strong business acumen.
- Analyse current business practice, processes, and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging Microsoft Azure Data and Analytics PaaS Services.
- Support the planning and implementation of data design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance and performing needs assessment.
- Deliver architectures for transformations, modernization of enterprise data solutions using Azure Data Technologies.
- Design and Build Modern Data Pipelines and Data Streams.
- Design and Build Data Service APIs.
- Develop and maintain data warehouse schematics, layouts, architectures for data access and Advanced Analytics.
- Expose Data to End Users using PowerBI, Azure API apps, or any other modern visualization platform.
Skill and experience required
- 5+ years of applied experience solutioning programs and system integration projects that include Modern Data Platform and Advanced Analytics, preferably in a consulting environment (though, not essential)
- Mastery of .NET C# and T-SQL with the familiarity of U-SQL is required
- The ability to apply such methods to solve business problems using one or more Azure Data and Analytics services in combination with building data pipelines, data streams, and system integration.
- Knowledge of Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL DW, and Azure SQL, Azure App Service is required.
- Azure IoT, Azure HDInsight +Spark, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Databricks, Azure Stream Analytics is a plus.
- Knowledge of Python is a plus.
- Experience preparing Data for Data Science and Machine Learning.
- Experience preparing data for use in Azure Machine Learning and/or Azure Databricks are a plus.
- Demonstrated experience preparing data and building pipelines using streams of IoT data.
- Knowledge of Lambda and Kappa architecture patterns.
- Knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Quality tools and processes
- Strong team collaboration and experience working with remote teams.
- Knowledge of DevOps processes (including CI/CD) and Infrastructure as code fundamentals.
- Demonstrated experience in turning business use cases and requirements to technical solutions.
- Experience in business processing mapping of data and analytics solutions.
- Ability to conduct data profiling, cataloguing, and mapping for technical design and construction of technical data flow.
- Working experience with Visual Studio, PowerShell Scripting, and ARM templates.
- Experience with Git/TFS/VSTS is a must.
This is an awesome opportunity to join a rapidly growing company, with exceptional career development opportunities, here in Adelaide and beyond (across Australia or globally should you so desire!)
So don't delay and APPLY NOW !
SA: LHS 296564