About the Company:
Our client is a leading Government organization. They are based in the Melbourne CBD.
About the role:
This role is a 12-month contract with a further 2 year extension. This role involves a hybrid working environment.
The candidate must have a valid baseline security clearance certificate.
- BAU Production support
- Developing ETL patterns for Enterprise and Projects (Security, Curated Data, etc.)
- Mentoring and coaching for DAD staff in emerging tech
- Defect resolution
- Testing support
- Work with stakeholders to assemble large, complex data sets that meet their current and potential requirements
- Implement data flows to connect operational systems, data for analytics and business intelligence systems
- Manage the build of data streaming systems
- Manage the design, development and maintenance of enterprise data warehouse/data lake and data engineering solutions
- Manage the administration and operation of the database solution
- Perform root cause analysis on data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Manage the development of data engineering frameworks and best practices for processes aimed at enhancing the availability, security and performance of data assets
- Promote the delivery of the strategic data vision and build networks to share insights
- Review and prepare corporate and technical documentation
- Lead and manage staff including overseeing the management of performance, attendance, and health and wellbeing
- Develop capability through coaching, mentoring and succession planning to increase performance, engagement and retention
- Share knowledge and expertise as the subject matter expert and provide assistance and mentorship to colleagues
- Collaborate as part of a cross-functional agile team
- Exercise appropriate delegations in accordance with legislation and guidelines
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrated experience as a Data Engineer in Government or industry equivalent
- Experience in Data Administration and proven Data Engineering skills in Hadoop Technologies
- Proven knowledge and experience with Cloudera products and solutions
- Expertise in programming (design codes, complex programme scripts etc) E.g. Python, R, SQL, Scala, Java, etc.
- Proven ability to interpret and represent information/knowledge in legislative documents/systems
- Demonstrated high level communication, negotiation and analytical skills
- Ability to knowledge transfer to Services Australia staff and mentor subject matter experts
- Enjoys working in a bureaucratic environment
- Attention to detail
- Good stakeholder engagement, conflict and negotiation skills
- Team-player and people-oriented
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Rhea Paul on 0380807218 quoting reference #247428.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.