Our High-Profile Federal Government Client is seeking an engaging and diligent Senior Data Analyst to lead the delivery of requirements, analyse, process data and documentation to support delivery of a number of data and analytics initiatives relating to a major taskforce initiative. This is an initial 6 month contract role with 3 x 6 moth extension options and is working from our Client's Canberra CBD offices.
Within this role you will be responsible for:
- Applying technical expertise to produce SQL scripts and use other data analytical software tools to undertake or manage complex research and analysis associated with the identifying and sizing compliance risks, monitoring and profiling, program evaluation, trend analysis and data collection
- Data analysis function and managing complex stakeholder requests, including providing expert advice and recommendations
- Utilising advanced and complex analytic techniques and methods independently to develop technological solutions to achieve business outcomes
- Gathering and investigating data and statistical information from a variety of sources to undertake business system and solution design
- Eliciting and documenting current and future states, user pathways, business rules, use cases, business requirements, high level solution designs and design specifications in the development and implementation of testing and release plans
- Lead the development and implementation of innovative and automated solutions to deliver business outcomes more effectively
- Plan, coordinate and prepare reports and risk profiles on complex matters as required
- Work collaboratively to build and leverage stakeholder networks to identify and address complex and/or sensitive issues
- Apply effective and appropriate project management, research, design and systems development methodologies to achieve business outcomes
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- High proficientcy in SQL skills
- Experience in delivering Data and Analytics solutions to support business decision making,
- A demonstrated commitment to self-development, accountability and skills transfer.
- Demonstrated experience in development of risk and assurance modelling
- Experience with Teradata, Hadoop (Hive, Impala), MySQL
- Experience presenting data effectively using business insight and visualisation tools
- Demonstrated experience in end to end system testing, developing test cases, involving users and documenting outcomes
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens with a minimum BASELINE Federal Government Security Clearance or the ability to obtain.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Kasey O'Halloran on 02 6245 1740 quoting Job Reference: 188330
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.