Senior Cyber Security Advisor
12 months contract
Australian Federal Government Security Clearance Essential: NV 1 or above only
Our client is seeking a Senior Security Advisor to work in the Cyber Security Services Assurance function to provide assured governance, security engineering expertise and effective risk management support to protect our client's valuable digital assets and reputation.
The candidate will be expected to demonstrate subject matter expertise through analytical investigation of complex and ambiguous problems as well as the application of adaptive and innovative solutions.
Responsibilities will include:
- develop and deliver security business requirements that meet security compliance (e.g. ISO 27001, ASD Information Security Manual (ISM)), guidance (e.g. NIST guidance), and/or risk-based needs;
- define and develop business and functional requirements to meet the security needs of our client's new on-premise and cloud-based systems, applications, and major updates.
- define, design and implement appropriate controls to mitigate against the risks of cyber-attacks and mitigate vulnerabilities across digital services and enterprise applications architecture and other cloud-based design documentation.
- provide advice on recommended mitigations to address security risk and compliance deficiencies; and other deliverables as directed.
The Senior Security Advisor will need to have the following attributes:
- currently hold a security clearance of Negative Vetted 1 or higher
- proven experience working for a government agency to deliver enterprise scale technology or infrastructure projects.
In addition, role specific skills required are as follows:
- demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of security business requirements that meet security compliance (e.g. ISO 27001, ASD Information Security Manual (ISM)), guidance (e.g. NIST guidance), and/or risk-based needs.
- demonstrated experience in the verification and validation of end solutions meeting security business needs.
- demonstrated experience in the definition, design and implementation of appropriate controls to mitigate against the risks of cyber-attacks and mitigate vulnerabilities across digital services and enterprise applications.
- demonstrated experience in conducting scoping and security assessments of new on premise and cloud-based systems, applications, and major updates.
- demonstrated experience in the analysis and resolution of complex technical and cyber security issues
- desirable experience in the development of security-supporting policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- desirable to have developed and applied security engineering automation processes to simplify sophisticated processes through programming and scripting.
- demonstrated experience in leading multiple complex projects, to multi-task and manage a number of competing priorities.
- excellent presentation skills plus ability to talk to all levels of staff including Executive and ability to persuade and influence; and
- excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills along with the ability to apply initiative, autonomy, and teamwork.
This is a security assessed position. Applicants must be an Australian citizen, with successful candidate holding Negative Vetting 1 Australian Government security clearance and undergo other employment suitability checks.